Moreton Bay bugs with herb and garlic butter
Herb and garlic loaded butter makes these Moreton Bay bugs even more irresistible, and only takes a lick of heat from the barbecue to cook.`
10 mins prep.
7 mins cooking
- 4 green Moreton Bay bugs, split in half lengthways
- Olive oil, to drizzle
- Lemon wedges, to serve
Herb & garlic butter
- 100g softened unsalted butter
- 1 tbs finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1 tsp chopped thyme leaves
- 1 tbs finely chopped oregano leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Preheat a barbecue with a lid to medium-high.
- For the herb and garlic butter, combine all ingredients in a bowl, season and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap, then chill until ready to use. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Place the bugs on a tray, cut side-up, then drizzle with oil and season. Place bugs, shell side-down, on the barbecue. Close the lid and cook for 6 minutes or until almost cooked through, then turn and cook, flesh side-down, for 1 minute or until lightly charred.
- Transfer bugs to a platter. Brush some of the butter over the bug flesh. Serve bugs with remaining butter and lemon wedges on the side.Place